The Ranchu has a strongly curved back near the tail and no dorsal fin. Head growth of Ranchus may not be present in young fish and may take several years to develop fully.
While fancy goldfish, such as the Ranchu, have the same water quality requirements as standard goldfish, such as comets and fantails, they are generally more sensitive to water quality fluctuations and require regular aquarium maintenance to ensure they remain in good health.
Fancy goldfish are more susceptible to suffering from vitamin deficiencies when compared with standard varieties, so it is recommend to include vegetable based foods in their diet. Aquarium Industries Naturals Range Frozen Leafy Spinach is ideal, as it also includes essential vitamins and minerals. Aquatic plants are also a good addition.
HOW TO INTRODUCE YOUR NEW FISH
- Always quarantine your new fish to observe health and behaviour prior to introduction to your main aquarium.
- Make sure you check your water quality before adding new fish. Do a water change if required and check pH and GH.
- Sit the unopened bag in the top of the tank and leave it for 5 to 10 minutes for the temperature to equalise.
- Open the bag and pour fish and water into a bucket. Slowly add 1 cup of tank water into the bucket. Repeat this process every 5 minutes until you have doubled the water volume in the bucket.
- After another 5 minutes take your fish from the bucket with a clean fish net and release into your aquarium. DO NOT use the water from the bucket – throw this water away.
- A prophylactic treatment of the tank with Melafix, De Stress and or a broad spectrum anti biotic treatment, can help fish overcome the stress of getting relocated which often can bring illness.
Duty of care.
- Please be aware that all livestock images used are for example only as it is not possible to photograph and publish individual animals.
- eQuaria delivers live fish to local customers only within the Perth metro region.
- eQuaria recommends that all fish are quarantined for a period of 14 days in a separate aquarium prior to introduction to your main aquarium
- The duty of care for your fish passes to you on receipt.