Found in Indonesia and Malaysia, The Kuhlii Loach generally grows to 11cm and can live for up to 10 years. The Kuhlii Loach is a small eel-like fish. They are brown in colour and have pale yellow vertical lines down the body. They have barbells surrounding their mouths which are used to find food in gravel and hard to reach places.
Kuhlii loaches are a perfect addition to any tank and are fast enough to evade attacks from larger more aggressive fish. They do better in tanks with lots of hiding places with a soft substrate, and for this reason they can be hard to find once you have put them in.
Kuhlii loaches are omnivorous and a scavenger fish that will eat left-over food on the bottom of the tank and in amongst the gravel and sand. For this reason they are easily fed on food like flakes, pellets and enjoy eating frozen food such as bloodworm. They also feed ferociously on live foods like brine and live worm.
HOW TO INTRODUCE YOUR NEW FISH
- Always quarantine your new fish to observe health and behaviour prior to introduction to your main aquarium.
- Make sure you check your water quality in any aquarium before adding new fish. If it is not suitable then do a water change and check pH and GH. You can purchase an easy to use test kit to help you monitor these water parameters.
- Sit the unopened bag in the top of the tank and leave it for 5 to 10 minutes for the temperature to equalise.
- Open the bag and pour fish and water into a bucket. Slowly pour 1 cup of your tank water into the bucket. Repeat this process every 5 minutes until you have doubled the water volume in the bucket.
- After another 5 minutes take your fish from the bucket with a clean fish net and release into your aquarium. DO NOT use the water from the bucket – throw this water away.
- A prophylactic treatment of the tank with Melafix, De Stress and or a broad spectrum anti biotic treatment, can help fish overcome the stress of getting relocated which often can bring illness.
Duty of care.
- Please be aware that all livestock images used are for example only as it is not possible to photograph and publish individual animals.
- eQuaria delivers live fish to local customers only within the Perth metro region.
- eQuaria recommends that all fish are quarantined for a period of 14 days in a separate aquarium prior to introduction to your main aquarium
- The duty of care for your fish passes to you on receipt.