Juwel T5 High Lite Blue was specially developed to simulate the light conditions on coral reefs to depths of around 6 m. Thanks to the special light spectrum of High-Lite Blue, the growth of corals can be promoted individually.
- Fascinating deep blue tone
- Promotes coral growth
- Ideal for use in conjunction with JUWEL High-Lite Marine
- Diameter: 16mm
What is a T5 Fluro light?
T5 fluorescent is the form of fluorescent tubes that have a diameter of 5/8 inches or approximately 13mm:
- Small diameter when compared to the T8 or T12 lights.
- They require a specific T5 fixture unlike T8 or T12.
- There are various T5 fluorescents that are categorized by their wattage. NO being normal output while HO refers to high output and VHO very high output.
- Due to the variations of the wattage, specialized fixtures and advance ballast are required for each category of the T5 fluorescent which will already be incorporated as part of your aquarium hardware
Advantages of T5 Lighting.
- NO tubes are most commonly used in aquariums and the T5 format fits nicely because of it low profile design.
- HO T5 lighting is an affordable method of lighting marine and planted aquariums because of its energy efficiency and the longevity of the tubes themselves.
- Another advantage of the T5 fluorescent lighting is that one can fit in much more tubes in comparison to the T12 tubes with regard to the space.
- The T5 fluorescent light fixtures are available in a fully assembled form like the mounted ones or the hanging lights.
- The bulbs vary between 24 inches and 72 inches long. The length of the tube should be bought according to the size of the aquarium or the tank.
- The advance ballast of T5 fluorescent bulbs consume less power and therefore lower down the electric bills while giving the bulbs a longer life.
- Replacement of the bulbs is not a difficult matter. But monitoring the bulbs by keeping track of the installation date is necessary.
- A timer system can be used for a more efficient performance of the T5 fluorescent. Spare parts are also available if anything breaks off.
Need some advice on Juwel T5 High Lite Blue? Contact us here
Want some more information? Click here to go to Juwel Aquarium