Juwel Day-Lite Tube – 15w Back unit is a bright & cool light suitable for back units and suits Juwel Trigon 350 and the Lido 120.
These fluorescent tubes are used for a wide range of domestic and commercial purposes, primarily because of the high levels of light emission. Such tubes have outstanding colour rendering capabilities and offer excellent levels of energy efficiency.
The use of fluorescent tubes in aquariums is becoming less common following the introduction of LED technology. LED lights tend to last much longer, and are much more energy efficient; but are more expensive to purchase. eQuaria carries a range of T8 lighting and most sizes can be special ordered if not already carried in stock. Contact us here if you need some assistance or would like to place a special order.
What is a T8 Fluro light?
T8 fluorescent is the form of fluorescent tubes that have a diameter of 1 inch or approximately 25mm:
- T8 are the most commonly available Fluorescent light tubes
- The popularity of these tubes in aquarium use comes from its Cri (Colour Rating Index)
- Colour Rendering Index is the measurement of how colours look under a light source when compared with sunlight.
- Cri is measured from0-100, with a perfect 100 indicating that colours under the light source appear the same as they would under natural sunlight
- The average lifespan of a florescent T8 tube is 15,000 hours
Advantages of T8 Lighting.
- T8 light tubes tend to have a high level of light distribution and even diffusion
- While not as efficient as T5 lighting, T8 has relatively low running costs
- T8 tubes come in a variety of colours mainly white, red and blue.
- Commonly available in sizes from 30cm to 1500cm
- T8 lighting tends to run cooler and gives off a more natural looking light
- T8 tubes have now become available in LED versions also
Need some advice on Juwel Day-Lite Tube – 15w? Contact us here
Want some more information? Click here to go to Juwel Aquarium